Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year's Goals: A Blog Series

My New Year's Kiss was clearly better than yours.
(This pic makes me burst out laughing every time I see it.)
New Year's Eve/Day is one of my favorite holidays. I'm a big fan of new beginnings and blank slates. I love lists and making goals for the future. Every new year, I find myself eager to see what's ahead of me and happy to step into it. It's one of the few times I really feel like an optimist.

Last year, I made five New Year's Resolutions and I completed four out of five of them. I moved to Seattle, I went back to college, I read over 100 books. Though I didn't exactly write 1,000 words every day of the year, I did up my word count/time spent writing each day significantly in 2014. In December alone, I spent 38.75 hours working on my current Work in Progress. The only resolution I didn't make any headway on was Be more forward, which was essentially a Learn how to flirt kind of resolution. Unfortunately, I am inept at that as ever.

This year, I have made a list of 10 Resolutions in my journal, but I'm not going to post them all at once the way I normally would. I have a different plan in mind. Instead of having an intensely long post on those ten resolutions that you'll probably just skim anyway, I'm going to do a bit of a blog series. 

For the month of January, I will be putting out small blog posts on things I would like to get better at or work on in 2015. This will include, but will not be limited to, my actual New Year's Resolutions. I think there are a lot of things I would like to get better at that I won't necessarily make a resolution. There are plenty of small things that are more like reminders to myself than anything else, but I think they're worth mentioning. 

So, let's see where this goes. I think it will help me focus on what I want in the new year and hopefully inspire you to see where you would like to go. Maybe you'll see some stuff you want to work on too. Either way, it'll get me blogging more, which I miss doing and would like to start up again. (And yes, blogging more will be the topic of one of those posts you'll be seeing this month.)

Well, that's all for today. I'll see you soon with the first post!

No comments:

Post a Comment