Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Friday, January 7, 2011

10 Things I've Learned in My 1st Week of Nannying

1. The proper way to do the splits.
2. Bring band-aids to any exercise-related activity.
3. There's a difference between ballet tights and "regular" tights.
4. When lost, ask the kids for directions. (And be ready to turn around alot, because they won't tell you you're supposed to make a turn until after you're past it.)
5. There are two Dallas Public Libraries.
6. I am old enough to be married, therefore, I ought to be married.
7. Some candy canes are spicy.
8. Superheroes are for boys.
9. Male best friends are automatically "boyfriends". (And if you tell the girls one of your best friends is, in fact, a boy, they will sing, "You have a boyfriend!" together until they get distracted by something else.)
10. Nothing cool ever happens at school.

My first week as a nanny has been fantastic, though still quite tiring. I'm so grateful that I was able to get this job and can't wait to earn money doing stuff I love with two great girls. I actually get paid to drive, color, read, and watch TV! Of course, the job still has it's challenges, but it's totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment